Source: Intrepid Travel
Applying for Japan visa on a Pakistani passport is so easy that it makes me wonder why do people not visit there as frequently as they do to other destinations. I got mine in 5 days without any hassle or difficulty. Disclaimer: Although this guide does not guarantee any one a visa but it will answer all the questions you may have regarding the process.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TOURIST VISA
- Hotel bookings
Reserve free-cancellation, no pre-payment accommodation, this does not need to be actual reservation, if you like you can change these later.
- Return air ticket booking
Get a dummy reservation from a travel agent or book a ticket confirmation that is held for 24/48 hours, take a print out and use it.
Download the form and fill it with your day by day plan. The form is simple, only asks you to fill in your activity for the day and the whereabouts of your accommodation. Even if you haven’t finalized an itinerary, just find the key places to visit in the cities you are visiting and mention them.
- 6-month bank statement & account maintenance letter
If you are financing your own trip then this has to be your own statement, otherwise it will be of whoever is your sponsor. Make sure that the amount you are showing in your bank statement makes logical sense based on your ticket price, hotel bookings and the estimated daily expenses during your stay. Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities of the world, plan accordingly.
- Letter from employer, verifying your occupation
This letter needs to state your position, designation, NIC number, salary and the time since you are working at the said company; signed by your employer, basically confirming that you actually work where you are saying you do.
- No objection certificate from your employer
This second letter from your employer needs to state that your leaves for traveling have been approved and they have no issue. Also, mention the days and dates your leave is sanctioned for.
Current & all previous passports, no photocopy required
- Original ID card & 1 photocopy
This will only be used to enter the embassy, they will not keep only the copy not the original.
- Filled visa application form
Download the form, it is a very simple two-page document, if you need clarity on any question, dial their number and they will be happy to help.
- One photo pasted on the form
Photo requirements are basic. If you have a photo that is slightly bigger than the box on the form, they will not mind you using it.
- What is the fee? There is no visa fee
- How many days does it take? 5 working days
- Do they call for an interview? usually no, but they may
- Do they give a reason for refusal? No
- When can I re-apply if is rejected? After 6 months
- What is the validity period? 3 months from the date of issue
- How many days of entry do they give? As per your itinerary
- How to submit the documents? No travel agent required, one of the applicants can go and submit on behalf of every other applicant
HOW TO GET THERE
Timings: Monday to Friday between 10am-12noon for documents submission and 2:30-5:30pm for collection
- Karachi: 6/2 Civil Lines, Abdullah Haroon Road, Karachi, 75530 (right beside Frere Hall)
- Islamabad: 53-70, Ramna 5/4, Diplomatic Enclave 1, Islamabad 44000
- Karachi: 0213-5220800 (they are very responsive and will answer all your questions)
- Islamabad: 051-9072500
For requirements of other categories of visa, please find more information on the website.
Is there any question still unanswered, please let me know in the comments section below. If you know anyone who is looking for this information, share away!